Study after study is now coming to light that inflammation in the body is a major cause for nearly every health issue–or at least contributes to making it worse. Heart disease, cancer, auto-immune, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain are all closely tied to inflammation.
The good news is that inflammation can be significantly reduced and even eliminated using food and nutrition to help the body heal itself.
The Top Ten Foods That Reduce Inflammation
1. Ginger is a root that can be prepared as a tea, powder, or juiced for maximum inflammation-fighting properties.
3. Dark leafy vegetables are high in vitamin E which contains cytokines that protect from inflammation.
4. Brassica (cruciferous) vegetables contain potent minerals and nutrients that strengthen the immune system.
5. Chia seeds contain Omega 3’s which are known to reduce inflammation.
7. Walnuts are also high in Omega 3’s and can help reduce inflammatory responses in the body.
8. Beets can help reduce inflammation as well as protect your heart. Have in moderation.
9. Garlic and onions are delicious and extremely healing for your body. Crush fresh garlic and onions and let them sit for a few minutes to allow the allicin and quercetin to have the greatest effect.
10. Tart cherries are an excellent anti-inflammatory if you consume them in moderation.
Other tips for reducing inflammation include:
- Taking the time to breathe and appreciate your food before eating.
- De-stressing your life as much as possible.
- Eliminating gluten if you have sensitivity to it.
- Avoiding the major inflammatory foods like: trans fats, highly processed foods, white sugar, processed white flour products, alcoholic beverages, too many omega 6 fats and not enough omega 3 fats, dairy products, MSG and other food additives, and of course gluten as previously mentioned.
Life is meant to be enjoyed pain free! Incorporate these foods into your diet to help your body heal itself and restore your vitality.
With love and appreciation,
Comment below: What are some of your favorite anti-inflammatory herbs and recipes?
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.