Replace the unhealthy, processed chips with these delicious and versatile flax crisps that can be flavored with a variety of different herbs and spices, especially the ones that help fight inflammation:
Flax Crisps or Tortillas
- 1 cup golden flax seed
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tomato
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 2 – 3 stalks of celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic
Seasoning options (amount to taste): Italian seasoning and basil, chili powder, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, curry powder, cumin, and turmeric.
- Put flax seeds into a deep bowl and cover with water.
- Stir well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Cover and let sit overnight, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. The seeds will become a gelatinous mixture.
- Put flax mixture in the blender with salt and pulse-blend until smooth. You may need to do this in small batches to prevent blender from overheating. A few un-blended flax seeds usually remain, which is fine.
- Pour flax mixture into large bowl.
- Place vegetables in blender with a small amount of water (just enough to allow the blender to work). Blend to a thick liquid.
- Add vegetables to flax mixture.
- Taste and add extra salt and seasonings, if desired.
- Thin with water, if needed.
- Pour thinly onto Paraflexx™ sheets. For tortillas, use a measuring cup to pour equal sized circles. For crackers, fill the sheet. For chips, cut the dehydrated flax crackers into bit size pieces.
- Dehydrate at 110°F until they are dry enough to remove from Paraflexx™ sheet, about 4 hours.
8. Place directly on mesh sheet and dehydrate further until dry but still pliable. For crackers and chips, dehydrate until crispy.
This delicious recipe is from my e-book, Eat your Way out of Pain.
Whats your anti-inflammatory food recipe using flax or chia? Comment below and be sure to share recipes you use to fight inflammation in your body.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.