Warm and Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup
A filling and delicious soup combining raw and lightly cooked vegetables, rich in warming and immune enhancing herbs and omega 3 rich seeds. Just what we need with the changing of the seasons and cooler temperatures around the corner.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/3 head of green cabbage
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup arame sea vegetable
- 1 teaspoon powdered kelp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Process cut cabbage into thin strips, chop onion finely, and break broccoli into small florets. Cut celery into 1 inch pieces and mince in food processor.
- Put celery into a large bowl with arugula.
- Sprinkle salt over arugula and celery, and massage until wilted.
- Put water in pot and steam broccoli, onion, green beans and cabbage until just tender. Add steamed vegetables to bowl with arugula and celery.
- Pour steam water over vegetables.
- Add arame, kelp, garlic, Italian seasoning, sesame and hemp seeds, and flax oil, and stir well.
- Add extra salt or seasonings, if desired. Stir and enjoy!
- Add a pinch of cayenne (optional).
This recipe is from Dr. Ritamarie’s Sweet Spot Solution blood sugar balancing program.
What is the weather like in your area? What do you do to keep warm? Share your ideas in the comments below.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
Leave a Comment