Enjoy this delicious kale salad by adding your own toppings or as is. Sesame seeds add bone strengthening power to this highly nutritious green salad.
Kale Salad with Lime Sesame Marinade
- 1 head kale, shredded or chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup leeks or green onions, finely diced
- Rinse kale and place in a bowl.
- Cover kale with salt and massage until kale wilts. Continue until the kale has shrunk in size and there is green water in the bowl. Drain the liquid, reserving for later.
- Add lime juice and massage again.
- In a separate bowl, combine sesame oil with a few teaspoons of the reserved liquid.
- Press garlic into the juice/oil mixture and stir or shake well.
- Chop bell peppers and leeks or onions. Add to kale.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well, squeezing with hands so that the marinade penetrates the kale. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes or longer before serving.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss once again right before serving.
This recipe is one of many that you will find in Dr. Ritamarie’s Thyroid Revive and Thrive Recipe Collection in her Thyroid Revive and Thrive program.
Comment below: What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy kale? Share your recipe below and we might feature it on our blog in the future!
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.