This week’s recipe is a recipe from Aunt Sue’s Recipe Collection inside Dr. Ritamarie’s book, Unstoppable Health.
Superfood Energy Bars
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates OR 1/4 cup Chia Gel sweetened with low-glycemic sweetener of choice, i.e. stevia, luo han, erythritol, or others listed at the end of this book
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- Make a paste by blending the dates and/or low-glycemic sweetened Chia Gel, raisins, and water in a high speed blender until smooth. Set this aside.
- Process the walnuts, Brazil nuts, salt, maca, vanilla, carob powder, psyllium powder and chia seeds in a food processor until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the date and raisin paste and continue to process until the mixture makes a dough.
- Add the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and goji berries. Pulse briefly to mix.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8 glass pan lined with saran wrap or parchment paper.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove from glass pan and slice into desired sizes.
- Place brownies on a dehydrator tray lined with a mesh screen and dehydrate at 105°F for 8 hours or more to taste. Alternatively, you can place them in a glass dish and freeze them for several hours for a chewier energy bar..
Find more recipes like this inside Dr, Ritamarie’s new book Unstoppable Health.
Buy it on Kindle here.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
Leave a Comment