Who says you can’t be healthy and eat your sweets too? The following recipe will a big hit with kids of all ages, and it can be used in many variations too! Put this delicious and healthy treat in your kids’ “trick or treat” bag and they will not be missing the processed, unhealthy sugary treats.
- 1/8 cup unrefined raw coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw, organic coconut butter (Artisana brand)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup date paste, 1 dropperful liquid stevia or 1/4 tsp green leaf stevia plus 1 teaspoon erythritol (Zero brand, or Lakanto)
- 1/4 cup water or nut milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water or nut milk if it is too thick.
2.Pour into candy molds, ice cube trays, or a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper and freeze overnight.
• Pour a small amount of the chocolate into the candy tins or on the bottom of a baking dish lined with waxed paper. Place a few nuts on top; pour additional chocolate to cover.
• As in 1 but also put some coconut with the nuts.
• Pour a small amount sweetener of choice over shredded coconut, enough to hold it together. Place balls of coconut over the first layer of chocolate. Pour a small amount of chocolate in tins or pan. Make little balls out of the coconut agave mixture and place over the chocolate. Add nuts if desired. Cover with chocolate.
• As in previous steps, put a cherry or other fruit in the middle.
• Make “peanut butter cups” by pouring small amount of chocolate in tins or pan. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until slightly hardened. Place a small amount of almond, pumpkin or cashew butter on top of the chocolate and cover with chocolate.
Although this recipe is from my Halloween Treats e-book, many of the recipes are suitable for any celebration or holiday. Grab your copy this month for a special price!
Yours in health and joy,
Comment below: What is your favorite healthy Halloween treat recipe? Please, share them with us below!
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
Leave a Comment