This recipe was inspired by Truth Calkins, at Longevity Now conference. I had a cup of seaweed soup at the snack bar and fell in love. I added a few extra ingredients and did my best to recreate it with my own twists, making it an amazing tool to support your adrenals, thyroid and immune system.
Adaptogenic Seaweed Soup
- 4 cups sea vegetables: I used kelp, dulse, wakame and a mixed seaweed blend
- 1/2 cup dried maitake mushroom
- 1 large piece fresh ginger
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon miso (I used soy-free chick pea miso from South River Miso)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon cordyceps mushroom powder
- ½ tablespoon ashwagandha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon astragalus powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon flax or coconut oil (or a combination) for each serving
1. Place sea vegetables and dried maitake mushroom in a large bowl and add enough water to cover them twice.
2. After about 15 minutes, the sea veggies and mushrooms should be soft.
3. Place the sea vegetables and soak water in large Vitamix container
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Serve in a bowl with a teaspoon of flax or coconut oil on top to aid in the absorption of the essential nutrients.
6. Add chopped vegetables or wilted greens if desired.
This makes an entire 64-ounce container full. If you have a smaller blender, either do it in batches or cut the recipe in half. If you are sensitive to mushrooms, leave out the maitake and cordyceps.
This recipe is from the recipe collect in the Correcting Adrenal Fatigue and Exhaustion (CAFE) program with Dr. Ritamarie.
For more tips on how to restore, replenish, and nourish your exhausted adrenals, take it to the next level with my CAFE Program (Correcting Adrenal Fatigue and Exhaustion), where you will be taken through a 5-part series that sets you on track for restoring your adrenals in as little as 30 days! The Dr. Ritamarie’s CAFE is now open.
Join here: CAFE Program
Comment below: How do you use delicious pick me ups like this one?
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
[…] as a powder sprinkled freely on your food, or as whole pieces, soaked, chopped and added to soup. Kelp attracts toxins and heavy metals and carries them out of your body. And because of its […]