Surprise your guests this Thanksgiving with a low fat, gluten-free, hassle free apple pie that is simply delicious! Did I mention it takes only minutes to prepare?!
No Bake Apple Pie with Low Fat Chia Nut Crust
Ingredients Pie Crust:
- ¼ cup of chia seeds ( white or black) soaking in 1/2 cup of water for about 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (not necessary to soak them)
- ½ cup or more shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (or extra soaked chia seeds plus stevia for low glycemic version)
- few drops of almond essence
- apples (can use a few varieties to create a more complex taste)
- lemon juice
1. Combine crust* ingredients in food process and process until it holds together as a dough. Add extra coconut or other grated nut if mixture is too sticky.
2. Press dough into pie pan,(we usually use half of the crust for our 9″ pie pan), lightly dust with coconut flakes and set aside while you are preparing the apple filling.
3. Core apples and gently process them in food processor. Make sure you don’t over process them, otherwise your filling will turn into apple sauce. Add cinnamon and a splash of lemon juice, and spread on top of your pie crust.
4. Decorate it with soaked goji berries, field cherries and serve!
For more delicious recipes like these, grab a copy of my Fresh n’ Fun Thanksgiving Feast e-book on special for the entire month of November.
Yours in health and joy,
Comment below: What is your favorite healthy Thanksgiving dessert or treat recipe? Please, share them with us below!
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.