Lately I have been enjoying special drinks I call elixirs. Elixirs are special beverages, traditionally thought to have “magic” powers. While I haven’t waved my magic wand over my elixirs, their “magic” comes from the use of powerful super foods and herbs that increase vitality, beauty and longevity.
And doesn’t everyone enjoy all 3 of those?
So here’s my Super-Duper Longevity Elixir (and did I mention it tastes delicious?)
Super-Duper Longevity Elixir
By the way, if you don’t have access to all of the ingredients, you can substitute. There’s a guide to substitutions below the recipe.
- 1 bag Spring Dragon Longevity Tea (Dragon herbs)
- 16 ounces purified water
- 4 large Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon raw organic almonds, preferably soaked overnight and rinsed before using
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut OR 1 tablespoon coconut butter (Artisana, Nutiva, other brands)
- ½ teaspoon kelp powder
- 1 teaspoon Hawthorne berry powder of dried berries
- 1 teaspoon macuna pruriens powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Reishi or Cordyceps Mushroom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Astragalus
- 1 teaspoon (or up to 1 tablespoon) Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raw carob powder and/or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dropperful Hazelnut Sweet Leaf Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon lo Han (can substitute erythritol, Lakanta or xylitol)
- If you’re using a tea base, boil water and allow herbs to steep 10 minutes or longer to get to full flavor and strength.
- Put water, fat, herbs, flavorings, sweetener and salt in blender.
- Blend until smooth, then adjust flavorings and sweeteners to taste.
Guide to substitutions: If you don’t have the exact ingredients, by all means, put them on your shopping list. And in the meantime, substitute for what you have on hand using the approximate proportions of the above recipe
- Liquid: Gymnostema loose or tea bags can be substituted for spring dragon tea, or any herbal tea, nut or seed milk, fresh juice or water – 2 cups total liquid
- Fat source: Any raw nut butter, avocado, Chia Gel, soaked nuts, seeds, coconut, coconut butter
- Herbs: Adaptogenic herbs and mushroom extracts – use what you have on hand. Other good ones include holy basil, ginseng, Echinacea, Ashwaganda,
- Flavorings: your choice of essential oils, extracts, carob, vanilla, raw cacao, cinnamon, almond
- Sweetener: stevia, green leaf powder or Sweet Leaf concentrated extract, lo han, Lakanto, erythritol, xylitol
- Salt: sea salt, kelp powder, ume vinegar, celery juice
Love My Heart Dip
- 2 cups nuts and/or seeds, your choice
- 4 small lemons or limes
- 1/3 cup watercress
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 4 olives
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons dill powder
- red chili powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- ½ teaspoon kelp powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt or other unrefined salt
- enough water to almost cover nuts in a blender
Blend until smooth.
Instead of blending the greens, chop them finely and stir into the dip. It will look like you added basil.
Enjoy your recipes and here’s to your long, heart healthy, bursting at the seems with vitality life!
With love and appreciation,
What are you committed to doing for your health this week? Comment Below
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.