Mother’s Day is an opportunity to honor our mothers. Unfortunately, I don’t get to hug my mom, and haven’t for 26 years. I wish my Mother had eaten healthier, it probably would have saved her life. She would have been 82 this Mother’s Day.
Here’s a recipe to serve the moms in your life. It’s easy to make and delicious. Post below your mom’s favorite foods so we can create new versions that will keep your mom living her best life for a longer time.
Coconut Pudding Parfait
by Dr. Ritamarie
- 2 young Thai coconuts or a bag of defrosted frozen coconut meat (http://www.exoticsuperfoods.com )
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (or 1/4 cup chia seed gel plus stevia for a low-glycemic version)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or carob powder or 1/8 cup of each
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, powdered or extract, or 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of whole unrefined sea salt
- Open the coconut (there are lots of YouTube videos on how to do this).
- Reserve the liquid, scoop out the flesh and put the coconut flesh into your blender.
- Add 3/8 cup dates or chia gel, 1/2 cup of the reserved coconut water, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add extra liquid if needed.
- Spoon 1/2 of the pudding into a bowl.
- To the remaining pudding in the blender, add the cacao powder, remaining dates and about 1/4 cup of the coconut water.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add extra coconut water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Into a glass dessert dish or small wine glass, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate pudding, then 2 tablespoons vanilla and then another 1-2 tablespoons chocolate.
- Top with a cherry or berry and serve.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.