Thanksgiving was a busy day. I’m in Chicago visiting my husband’s family. We had 34 people at our Thanksgiving table. The buffet was spread with traditional American favorites, including turkey with gravy, and also my vegan and raw vegan contributions.
Here’s a list of what my husband Scott and I made. Most recipes were made from my Thanksgiving Feast Book. I also improvised a few.
I’ve included the new recipes below and they will also be in my next newsletter. You can sign up to receive a copy at http:///www.drritamarie.com/wp-clone/newsletter
Here’s what we served:
Thanksgiving Feast for Health
Appetizer: Raw Veggies with Dips: Garlic Dill and Garlic Pesto (Dip base from Dr. Ritamarie’s Thanksgiving Feast Book)
Green Salad with Pomegranate Vinegarette (New recipe, see below)
Pineapple Cranberry Relish (Dr. Ritamarie’s Thanksgiving Feast Book)
Cranberry Relish (Dr. Ritamarie’s Thanksgiving Feast Book)
Sesame Kale Salad with Maitake Mushrooms and Red Onions (based on recipe in Dr. Ritamarie’s Thanksgiving Feast Book)
“Mashed Potatoes” with Maitake Mushroom Gravy (New Recipe, see below)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Scott’s Recipe -cooked)
Apricot Pecan Sweet Potatoes – (Dr. Ritamarie’s Thanksgiving Feast Book, cooked version)
Stirfried Garlic Green Beans and Broccoli (Scott’s recipe)
Apple, Pear, Pomegranate Pie (similar to recipe published in Dr. Ritamarie’s Creating Vibrant Health Newsletter )
In addition to all these foods, there were the traditional American dishes: Turkey, gravy, stuffing, sugar sweetened Cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, a variety of cakes, candies and cookies, ice cream, wine, and bottled salad dressing.
Many of the people that tried the food made by Scott and I commented that they liked it.
So, here are some photos and the new “mashed potato” recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small parsnip
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup jicama
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- process cauliflower in food processor until finely chopped. Put in a large bowl.
- Blend bell pepper, jicama and parsnip with 1.2 cup water unitl liquid
- Add cashews and process until smooth. Use additional water if needed to achieve a thick smooth paste.
- Add salt.
- Pour blender mixture into bowl with cauliflower and mix well. Season with salt, pepper or herbs to taste.
- Serve with mushroom gravy.
Maitake Mushroom Gravy
- 1/2 cup fresh maitake mushrooms (substitute shitake or any other brown mushroom if maitake is not available)
- 1/2 -1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts (or anyother nut)
- 2 tablespoons wheat free tamari(optional) or 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, depending on size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- Blend mushrooms and 1/2 cup water until smooth. Add as much water as needed for a smooth consistency
- Add remainder of ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water if desired for the consistency you like.
- Serve with mashed “potatoes”
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pomegranate powder
- pinch of salt
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir before serving.
Enjoy the recipes.
Love, Health and Joy,
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.