This recipe is part of the Thyroid Revive and Thrive program. From vitamins and minerals, to antioxidants and amino acids, to herbs and foods, you have an arsenal of weapons at your disposal to fight off thyroid imbalances and achieve new levels of health. Here you learn what you should eat and include in your diet, and what you should avoid, as well as daily lifestyle habits that help you gain optimum health. This program includes the Thyroid Balancing Recipe Collection and Menu Planning Guidelines to make meal planning a breeze – and lots of fun, too.
Learn more at http://www.ThyroidReviveAndThrive.com
- 4 cups shredded raw greens: cabbage, kale, chard, collard greens, baby bok choy, any combination
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 large carrots, shredded (substitute daikon radish if your blood sugars are sensitive to carrots)
- 2-inch piece of lemongrass
- 2 – 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 – 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
1. Put greens in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Massage greens until they are wilted.
2. Put lemongrass in blender with 1/2 cup water and blend until liquefied.
3. Strain through cheese cloth, a fine mesh strainer, or a nut milk bag.
4. Combine liquid from lemongrass with lime juice and coconut butter in the blender and blend until smooth. Add water if needed.
5. Pulse in jalapeño and cilantro.
6. Shred carrots or daikon, and thinly slice the red onion. Add to bowl with greens.
7. Pour dressing over the vegetables and massage in well. The greens should be wilted.
8. If possible, allow to sit for an hour before serving. Place a second bowl over the salad and put something heavy in it to press the dressing into the salad and allow the vegetables to fully absorb the flavors.
What do you put in your slaw recipes to make them delicious? Share in the comments below so we can all enjoy your results.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
My slaw dressing is coconut vinegar, coconut aminos, and toasted sesame oil. Also, I add sea salt to taste.