Valentine’s day has long been associated with sweet treats adorned upon those we love. I see it as hardly an expression of love to gifts my beloveds with foods that will clog their arteries, increase their risk of cancer, imbalance their blood sugar and put them at risk for diabetes and overall zap their energy, fog their brain and imbalance their digestion.
Try these special treats!!!
Fudge Cherry Bursts
Recipe from Sweets for the Holidays online video class and recipe guide, available at Dr. Ritamarie’s Online Video Class Site . Additional gluten free dessert recipes without added oil or sweeteners are in Dessert: Making It Rich Without Oil by Dr. Ritamare Loscalzo and Chef Karen Osborne .
Makes 2 Dozen
Ingredients – Dough
- 10 oz. bag frozen organic sweet cherries
- 3 cups soaked dehydrated walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 pitted medjool dates (not soaked)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons wate
Directions – Dough
1. Thaw and drain cherries and place on mesh screen in dehydrator at 105 for 30 minutes.
2. Process walnuts and salt in food processor with the S blade until finely ground.
3. Add the dates and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
4. Add the vanilla and cacao or carob powder and process until the powder is mixed in.
5. Add the water and pulse a few times.
6. Roll a tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Press your finger into the center to make a hole. Place a cherry in the hole and close the hole forming a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is used. Chill in freezer while you color the coconut and make the chocolate/carob coating.
Ingredients – Colored Coconut
- 1 cup raw finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 teaspoon Just Raspberries ground to a fine powder in a coffee grinder
Directions – Colored Coconut
1. Place ½ cup coconut in a jar with spirulina and ½ cup coconut in another jar with Just Raspberries powder.
2. Close jars with lids and shake them to mix the coconut and the color.
Ingredients – Chocolate or Carob Coating
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil softened in dehydrator for a couple of minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar powdered
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Raw cacao or carob powder
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.