My latest Yummy treat – I just made this as a variation of my Peppermint Patty Recipe from Healthy Halloween Treats , a complete guide to raw and living foods, gluten-free recipes for Halloween.
This 100% raw foods recipe is also gluten free and sugar free. Much better for you than the peppermint patties you may have eaten before. It’s high in omega 3 fats from the hemp seed, selenium from the brazil nuts, copper from the macadamia nuts, chlorophyll from the greens and antiviral lauric acid from the coocnut. They are very low glycemic, as they contain no sweeteners. If you prefer the filling a little bit sweeter, you can add 1/4 cup pitted dates.
Super Food Peppermint Patties
by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cup dried coconut shreds
- 1/8 teaspoon green stevia
- 1 Tablespoon each chlorella and blue green algae powder (or your favorite green powder)
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup cacao paste, softened in the dehydrator for 15 minutes at 115 degrees or in a double boiler
- 1/8 cup cacao butter, melted as for the cacao paste.
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 2 drops mint essential oil
- Process the filling in food processor until almost smooth.
- Press the filling into silicone molds, disposable mini cupcake papers, or any other shapes desired. If you prefer, you can spread it on a piece of wax paper and score into desired sizes.
- Freeze the filling for at least half an hour.
- Stir all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or blend in blender.
- Pop the filling from the molds or cut into desired sizes.
- Dip the filling pieces into the chocolate sauce (you may need to re-soften it unless you made it right before dipping.)
- Place carefully on a piece of wax paper to harden. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Chocolate topping variation
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup melted cacao butter
- 2 drops mint essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
You can add a couple of drops of mint essential oil to your favorite chocolate sauce or any of the chocolate sauce recipes in my books Healthy Halloween Treats and Healthy Holiday Traditions: Nourishing Recipes for Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s Celebrations. Both of these books are filled with gluten free raw and living foods recipes for holiday treats using health promoting ingredients.
Enjoy this recipe.
Love, Health and Joy,
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
[…] Hemp seeds are a source of the omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, which is a fatty acid found in the oils of certain plants. 20% of the hemp seed is ALA. Omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce the effects of harmful fat and cholesterol accumulations. Using food high in alpha-linolenic acid also makes sense as a preventive measure for nearly everyone, since most people are severely deficient in it, even in the absence of circulatory problems. […]
[…] had a lot of fun making these peppermint patties! They are low-glycemic, raw, and quick and easy to make, as well as bursting with flavor and […]