Unlock the Healing Power of Fasting
The power of fasting.
The topic of fasting is hard to avoid these days and with good reason. With chronic health conditions at epidemic levels, calorie restriction is one of the few, research-backed nutritional interventions that has the potential to increase life span at the same time it increases health span.
Practitioners in the field of functional healthcare and alternative medicine know there are countless ways in which diet and lifestyle can do this, but conventional medicine’s stubborn need to hold onto reductionist research methods as the holy grail will continue to hold back these findings.
In the meantime, fasting provides some welcomed common ground.
Research has shown that fasting can lead to:
- Lowered insulin and glucose, and increased insulin sensitivity
- Decreased inflammation
- Stimulation of autophagy – where your body eats up damaged cells
- Improved blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol
- Improved brain function
- Reversal of the effects of aging
- Increased butyrate, carnitine and branched-chain amino acids
- Enhanced gene expression and protein synthesis
- Improved antioxidant defense
- And MUCH more!