Going into week 2 of appreciation is exciting. Especially since today is 11/11/11!
Use the day of ones as a new beginning. It’s also Veteran’s day here in the US, which is a day to acknowledge and appeciate those who’ve given their lives or risked their lives for our freedom.
So let’s focus on the positive effects of appreciation on your adrenals and those things effected by adrenal fatigue and excess adrenal activity when you’re stressed. Appreciation shifts you out of fight flight mod and into positive emotion that has the following benefits:
- Decreases your cortisol production and prevents your blood sugars from getting too high and exposing you to the negative effects of excess insulin
- Improves your digestion by relaxing the valves between the components of your GI tract and improving enzyme production.
- Improves your short term memory by supporting DHEA production and preventing the destruction of hippocampus cells by cortisol.
Join Me for 30 Days of Gratitude!
Simply go down below to the comments box and post your appreciations for the day.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the changes in your “energy, vim, and vigor.”
Evoke appreciation before each meal, and you’ll soon find your digestion is humming and your energy is rising.
Dr. Ritamarie’s Appreciations for Today – Day 8
- All the lovely comments I have had and the outpouring of love I have felt since starting this appreciation journal.
- That it’s November and the temperatures are back into the 80s!
- The ability to buy and eat all the whole, organic food I need to keep me healthy, strong and vibrant.
I tried to focus on all the bad things that happened this week, to write down for contrast. It was hard. My mind just keeps focusing on what I have to be grateful for.
Go ahead, give it a try and discover the magic for yourself. Write your appreciations below.
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
Day 8 Nov 11, 2011
3 things I appreciate
1. I am grateful that my husband is so strong, and is willing to do things for us that take strength.
2. I appreciate quite evenings.
3. I am so thankful for not needing to use an alarm clock to get up.
Being Veterans Day I have to appreciate my Father-in-law – my favorite veteran. He passed away in July, and I appreciate him everyday.
I also appreciate my work team – they work hard, have fun, and are a huge support to me daily.
I also appreciate my buddies in Crescent City – who have a warm smile whenever I walk in to see them.
I appreciate the free time I have …. I can take a deep breath and just sit in silence for a while.
I appreciate shopping new clothes and seeing the sizes go down. I love that!
I appreciate the bitter taste of green smoothies
(without fruit) because it reminds me that i have a choice of what I eat.