Enjoy this incredibly delicious pesto that tantalizes your tastebuds while nourishing your adrenals. It’s versatile and can be used in so many different ways: in a salad, as a dip for veggies, tossed in with raw zucchini pasta…the yummy choices are endless!
Adrenal Nourishing Deep Green Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups kale
- 1/3 pound spinach
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil or 1/4 cup dried basil
- 1 cup whole kelp or other sea vegetable, soaked in water until soft
- 1 teaspoon cordyceps mushroom powder (Shhhh! secret ingredient)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (pink, Celtic, or Himalayan)
1. Soak kelp in water while preparing the remainder of the ingredients In a food processor.
2. Put the remaining ingredients in the food processor (add in small batches if necessary, depending on the capacity of the food processor.)
3. Squeeze the liquid out of the kelp and add to processor.
4. Process until smooth
5. Adjust salt and basil to desired taste.
This recipe is adapted from Deliciously Quick Lunch & Dinner Ideas: Energizing Whole Foods Meals for Busy People on the Run by Dr. Ritamarie.
Yours in health and joy,
Comment below: How will you use this delicious pesto in your culinary creations?
Are you feeling stuck?
Do you feel as if something is missing from your practice that's keeping you from delivering breakthrough outcomes for your clients?.
Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training (NEPT)
The Mastery and Certification tier is our flagship program and provides everything you need to feel confident as a practitioner who knows how to get results that lead to healthy and happy clients.
Functional Assessment Mastery
Explore the relationships between the most important hormones and their relationship with nutrition.
Functional Nutrition Mastery
Learn how to support your clients to eat and supplement in a way that reduces and eliminates chronic symptoms.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, drritamarie.com, and the experts who have contributed. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.
Disclosure: Sometimes (but not always), when I share resources in my programs, newsletter, and on my website, I'm using an affiliate link, which means I do make money if you buy. My credibility is extremely important to me; therefore, I only endorse the products, services, and people I believe in. DrRitamarie.com is independently owned and the opinions expressed here are my own.
Leave a Comment